The main purpose of the role is to evaluate, develop, and where appropriate, support the creation and exploitation of intellectual property, effectively working with other functions within Econet Group along the innovation pathway, from conception of innovation through to commercialization, adoption, and dissemination. It contributes to revenue growth, cost reduction and profitability through the management of innovation processes and strategic initiatives, in line with business strategy.
- Identifies, leads and manages innovative approaches to business challenges and work with teams to effectively evaluate and/or design enterprise architectures in order to define innovative growth strategies and to devise solutions and their fit in the Digital ecosystem.
- Develops and maintains an implementation framework on how innovations are integrated into the existing digital ecosystems and drafts innovation processes and Adoption strategiesEntrenches Innovation culture in the department and organization wide to align with DSP strategy.
- Contributes to the formulation and continuous review of innovation strategies AI & DI, in line with developments in the DSP industry in order to exploit observed business opportunities.
- Defines and prioritizes key innovation projects across themes and different revenue buckets based on a carefully-drawn selection criteria that directly impacts revenues and profitability.
- Identifies areas for further research and innovation (game changing opportunities) in line with the business’ strategic priorities to build a robust sustainable product portfolio, and manages this on an on-going basis.
- Ensures there is an up to date governance framework for innovation projects and Intellectual property.
- Analyzing the costs, value and risks of information technology and giving sound advice on actions to ensure business continuity & survival.
- Tracks the impact of the existing Enterprise Ecosystems and Innovations on both group revenue, cost savings and profitability and provides analysis for decision making
- Oversees the Business Change Management planning and implementation including the monetization of innovations.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- 6 O Levels Including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A Level passes
- Degree in Business Management, Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering, Project Management, any Technical Degree or equivalent
- Post Graduate Degree e.g MBA or MBL or Project Management or Change Management
- Enterprise Architect Practitioner (ideally TOGAF)2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Experience in digital service strategies would be distinctly advantageous
- Experience in dealing with Analytics, Machine Learning, Software Programming
- Experience dealing at a Cross Functional Level and having work with a diversified business portfolio
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/innovations-manager/
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to