The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information. Friendship Bench is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post.
Under the USAID DIV Project Grant, the Information Technology Manager manages FB’s core information communication technology (ICT) systems architecture and development including design and implementation of specialized systems and programs. IT Manager is responsible for provision of an efficient and secure FB System. The other functions include planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- ICT Hardware and Software: Develop software and technical architecture design strategies to satisfy client requirements. Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems. Manage ICT Projects in lien with prescribed standards and procedures. Implement ICT Projects to agreed scope, time and approved budget. Coordinate technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance. Identify and purchase new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Information Management and Security: Preserve assets by ensuring that back-up procedures and information security and control structures are implemented. Test, troubleshoot and modify information systems so that they operate effectively. Ensure all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable policies and SOP. Carryout scheduled and planned system maintenance. Identify systems problematic/risk areas and implement solutions. Ensure documentation of system process and procedures.
- Systems Planning and Operational Efficiency: Set IT Department goals and establish strategies for coordinating department activities. Work closely with other departmental managers to enhance systems effectiveness and efficiency. Conducting regular system audits. Ensure ICT service providers comply with contractual obligations. Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies. Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices. Allocate adequate on-premise and cloud resources to ensure effective and efficient operation of organization's systems. Plan and budget systems and ICT related resources procurements. Plan and Schedule hardware and software maintenance. Liaise with external suppliers and consultants on matters concerning systems developments and maintenance.
- Research and Analysis: Research and procure state-of-the-art ICT tools for use within the FB environment to produce an efficient, user friendly and effective ICT system. Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff. Generate and share data analytical reports with staff.
- Database and SIE Technology Systems Development and Maintenance: Ensure optimal FB SIE Information Technology Systems are developed and maintained to ensure that reliable and accurate information is made available for reporting and strategic- decision making. Support FB teams to be equipped and capacitated to interact with technological tools and systems for efficient data handling and reporting through information systems.
- Policy and Strategy: Develop and implement ICT policy and best practice guides for the organization. Participate in budget process and estimates for ICT Projects and services. Manage and report on ICT allocated budget. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. Identity staff training needs and organize essential training. Responsible for training, managing, assigning, interviewing, and recommending of suitable candidates for employment. Provide technical direction to the IT team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology/Science/Computer Studies
- IT related professional certification
- At least three (3) years IT managerial experience or five (5) years IT Project Management experience.
- Membership of an IT Professional Board.
How to Apply
Deadline: 20 January 2023