The following vacancy has arisen within the Tongaat Hulett Zimbabwe operaions.To comply with the Company's new governance framework, candidates interested in this position are requested to apply.
Purpose of Role
Job Level: EL Reports to: Group Finance Director
Management and maintenance of all Information & Communications Techn fogies (ICTs) together with the software driving them and infrastructure that hosts them at all THZ sites. Provision of leadership and facilitating team k across the function as well as the anchoring and integration of new and existing 1CT Systems to ensure alignment with the Group's ICT policies, stars rds, and strategic direction.
Administrative, Governance, and Financial Responsibilities of the ICT Function:
- Preparation of annual budgets for ICT services i.e. OPEX AND CAPEX
- Authorization of all purchases and expenditure within the approved budget & Cost control, including data and airtime
- Ensuring all licenses and service level agreements are up to date and fully paid for - Development and implementation of ICT Policies
- Responding to and addressing issues arising from internal and external audits
- Continuous review and testing of 1CT disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Chairing all monthly THZICT Steering Committee meetings and weekly 1CT departmental meetings
- Providing weekly and monthly OPCO reports and ad hoc reports requested by Group ICT management.
Operational Processes Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of ICT network infrastructure
- Ensuring maximum availability and utilization of all Business Systems
- Enhancing ICT security for the business data, ICT hardware, networks, and all software products
- Ensuring full availability of wired and wireless networks, WW1, LAN, WAN, Unified communications, multi-function devices & server environments
- Overseeing the administration of and continuous improvement review of all business applications such as SAP, CanePro, LIMS and TriMed.
- Development, monitoring, and maintenance of service level agreements (SLAB) and support contracts with service providers and internal customers
- Overseeing the Help (Service) desk to ensure full capturing of all ICT faults and issues and follow-up
- In liaison with TH, develop THZ's IT strategy and manage its implementation
People and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Providing direction and leadership in line with TH's Success management principles and changes in the business environment e.g. ICT business continuity plans during pandemics, storm damages etc.
- Training, development, and succession planning for all critical 1CT positions
- Enforcement of adherence to the company's code of conduct and operating procedures and instructions
- Research and development for ICT innovation and systems improvement with Business Process Owners
Safety & Health Responsibilities:
- Enforcement of adherence to the SHE Policies & Procedures for ICT services
- Development and promotion of a culture of behavior-based safety
- Sharing best practices and learning
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a degree in ICT and Business Administration/Accounting or equivalent
- Relevant Professional qualifications in the following areas will be added advantage: ICT Management, Project management, Microsoft products, CISCO, Networks, Databases (Oracle, MS-SQL, SAP Hannah etc
- Over 8 years of experience in business systems and/or technical systems support
- At least 5 years' experience in a senior ICT team leadership position for a large diverse KT project and/or an ICT function in Technical support, Business Systems support training, especially an ERP system and/or metropolitan networks.
- Knowledge of TH's ICT standards and ICT configuration (network topology and business systems)
- Modern ICT networking structures, operating systems, and unified communication principles
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or all of the following products: SAP ERP, LIMS Sample Manager, Canepro, and Trimed medical system
- A results-driven hardworking team player able to command authority
- A responsible person of integrity and ethical behavior
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills for executive audience
- Collaboration, Influencing and Building Strategic and Diverse Relationships.
- Strategic thinker with good analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, and stakeholder engagement.
How To Apply
While these positions are open to all qualifying candidates, female applicants are encouraged to apply, Applications with a CV, educational certificates and qualifications accompanied by a clear one-page motivation on why one should be considered for the position applied for should be submitted to Oziwell.Gurajena@tongaat.com