The job holders will be charged with the responsibility of managing, coordinating and production of various industrial statistics.
Reporting to: Director -Production Statistics
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a comprehensive departmental work plan in line with the divisions' annual plan and manage its implementation
- Planning, budgeting, monitoring and coordination of activities in the Department
- Designing data collection instruments and manuals for censuses and surveys.
- Coordinating and supervising data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of results
- Drafting and updating techno-scripts and manuals on methodology relating to censuses and surveys
- Compiling industrial statistics reports
- Staff mentoring, supervision and performance appraisals
Qualifications and Attributes
- A good first degree in Statistics, Economics or any other relevant degree.
- A Master's Degree in the relevant discipline is a must.
- Membership to a relevant professional statistical board is a distinct advantage.
- Have at least 5 years working experience as a statistician.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Statistical packages and Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be a good team leader
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for to:
The Director Human Resource
Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency(ZIMSTAT)
18th Floor, Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon Muzenda Street and Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY 342 Causeway, Harare
apply on email: email@example.com