The National Biotechnology Authority of Zimbabwe (NBA) is an autonomous research and development institution with a mandate to develop Zimbabwe through the application of both conventional and cutting-edge bio-technologies21 Princess Drive newlands
The position of an Indigenous Knowledge Systems Coordinator has arisen within the National Biotechnology Authority and we hereby invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducting indigenous knowledge systems research of agriculture, health, industry and environment.
- Developing products and protocols for registration with relevant authorities
- Preparation of patents for the registered products.
- Organise indigenous knowledge systems events / Expos and Conferences.
- Training and mentoring of students in the indigenous knowledge systems.
- Contribute to the preparation and publication of scientific manuscripts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Research and Development Manager.
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc Honours degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Food Science or other related fields.
- At least 2 years working experience.
- Experience in product development
- Experience in Microbiology and biochemical tests.
- Scientific publications are an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of bioinformatics and statistics software such as STATA, R, SPSS etc.
- Excellent critical thinking, multitasking, teamwork and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organised.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications and detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com not later than 08 March 2022.