The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information. Friendship Bench is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post.
Under the USAID DIV Project Grant, the Implementation Officer shall assist the Implementation Manager with piloting the strengthening of Friendship Bench’s decentralization strategy to build the infrastructure to support the implementation hubs across the country. The Implementation Officer collects data and assists in the implementation of activities related to assigned implementation sites.
Reporting to : Implementation Manager
Contract : Fixed Term Contract
Location : Different Locations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Implementation Manager to conduct sensitization with key stakeholders (ensuring regularization with all responsible authorities: Signing of MoUs and clearance letters. Inception meetings. Regular stakeholder engagement. Implementation Blueprint overview.
- Work with the Implementation Manager conduct community awareness and engagement: Outreach activities and radio presentations. Organize and conduct new and refresher trainings.
- Assist the Implementation Manager to conduct monitoring, supervision and support: Feedback from SIE department on targets. Review of implementation quality (fidelity, customer care). Review of peer supervision.
- Assist the Implementation Manager to create and support new and existing CKT Groups: Provision of starter packs. Introduction of CKT manual/structure.
- Work with the Implementation Manager in the delivery of services (guided by the Mission, vision, values and annual targets: Supervision sessions. Review and track annual targets.
- To communicate directly with finance team and review monthly expenditure of funds received implementation: Regular tracking of budgets.
- To assist in any research related to implementation activities (Protocols, research tools, research training): To conduct research guided by the FB vision, mission and expansion.
- Conduct regular outreach activities to spread mental health awareness in the community.
- Contribute to Friendship Bench’s reporting through collecting, collating and analyzing all data from La Health Workers and the implementation teams in accordance with Friendship Bench metrics and reporting on this data monthly.
- Work closely with the FB team in evaluation and tracking of program impact against targets and indicators by monitoring all projects activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Provide implementation oversite through provision of monthly reports evaluated by the SIE Team: Submission of monthly activities reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Public Health or related social science degree.
- Masters’ degree in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Post Grad qualification related to mental health will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience working for organizations that deal with mental health related issues
How to Apply
Deadline: 20 January 2023