The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information. Friendship Bench is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post.
Under the USAID DIV Project Grant, the Implementation Manager pilots the strengthening of Friendship Bench’s decentralization strategy to build the infrastructure to support the implementation hubs across the country. The Implementation Manager plans, coordinates, manages and oversee activities related to assigned implementation sites.
Reporting to : Programs Director
Contract : Fixed Term Contract
Location : Different locations
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct sensitization with key stakeholders (ensuring regularization with all responsible authorities: Signing of MoUs and clearance letters. Inception meetings. Regular stakeholder engagement. Implementation Blueprint overview.
- To conduct community awareness and engagement: Outreach activities and radio presentations. Organize and conduct new and refresher trainings.
- To conduct monitoring, supervision and support: Feedback from SIE department on targets. Review of implementation quality (fidelity, customer care). Review of peer supervision.
- To create and support new and existing CKT Groups: Provision of starter packs. Introduction of CKT manual/structure.
- To lead and support implementation team members in the delivery of services (guided by the Mission, vision, values and annual targets: Supervision sessions. Review and track annual targets.
- To communicate directly with finance team and review monthly expenditure of funds received implementation: Regular tracking of budgets.
- To lead in any research related to implementation activities (Protocols, research tools, research training): To conduct research guided by the FB vision, mission and expansion.
- Provide implementation oversite through provision of monthly reports evaluated by the SIE Team: Submission of monthly activities reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies, Public Health or related social science degree.
- Masters’ degree in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Post Grad qualification related to mental health will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years of experience working for organizations that deal with mental health related issues
How to Apply
Deadline: 20 January 2023