The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the vacant post(s) that have arisen within the University. Stations: National Centre (1 Post) and Manicaland (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in the design, installation and support of LANs and WAN.
- Carrying out site surveys of buildings earmarked for LANs.
- Carrying out installation of LANs. (Carrying out maintenance and upgrade work on LANs.)
Provide support to staff and students on the use of e-learning resources
- Train staff and students on accessing e-learning resources (online application and MyVista).
- Attend to user queries/trouble shooting on the e-learning platform.
Service, maintain and repair ICT equipment
- Accept job requests from staff and students.
- Complete ICT Job Card/iTop query for each job attended. (File job card and dispatch repaired equipment to users.)
- Carryout scheduled maintenance of ICT equipment 3 times a year
- Keep an updated ICT register at all times.
- Compile and submit an ICT asset disposal list after each scheduled maintenance.
Install and configure hardware and software
- Install selected software on designated hardware.
- Configure hardware and software as requested. (Completing ICT job card/installation record for each job attended.)
Run an elaborate back-up system that ensures that selected user data and documents are archived/stored offline
- Backups of user data/documents on removable media.
- Backup logs recorded and filed. (Backup media packaged and moved to secured storage place.)
Check the state of all critical devices and printers to ensure continuous functionality and access to services at all times
- Servers, routers, switches and printers’ status confirmed daily.
- Network connectivity and Internet availability 24/7. (Network status reported on weekly basis.)
Provide sound technical support to the institution’s ICT users
- Train/coach users on the operations of selected software applications (Office 365, Pastel and ARIS).
- Attend to all users’ ICT application queries. (Educate users on the best practices when using ICT equipment.)
- Carryout ICT advocacy as guided by the ICT Policies.
- Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical field, from a recognised examination board such the Higher Education Examination Council (HEXCO); orCity and Guilds Science, Computer Technicians Certified at advanced level or Part 2 level.
- At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
How to Apply
To Apply please visit the Zimbabwe Open University website: www.zou.ac.zw under Vacancies or email@example.com and register to be able to apply online.
Deadline: 28 January 2023