Maintains and develops the ICT infrastructure to ensure best value and to support fit for purpose systems and solutions. Also maintains local and wide area networks and support remote working
Duties And Responsibilities
- Trouble shooting network and hardware problems as reported by users.
- Repairing and replacing faulty computer accessories.
- Performing faulty diagnosis of hardware and network problems as well as suggests solutions.
- Performing maintenance, repairing and service of computer hardware throughout the organization.
- Monitoring the performance of LANS and WANs.
- Installing network cables, hubs and other network accessories e.g. routers and switches.
- Configuring WAN routes.
- Configuring available equipment to facilitate sharing of resources e.g. printer sharing.
- Identifying and reporting any attempts on security violation and rectifies the violations.
- Collecting information for the information technology inventory register.
- Recommending replacement of absolute equipment to the hardware and Network administrator.
- Installing and configuring software on all Computer Systems equipment.
- Deciding on the methods and techniques to solve hardware and network problems.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Implementing Disaster recovery plan.
- Analyzing and designing new systems requirements and giving recommendations.
- Identifying training and development needs for computers users.
- Providing technical support to all end users pertaining to software and system performance.
- Conducting risk assessment and mitigation.
- Manages the budget.
- Ensuring all employees in the section have signed job descriptions and performance contracts.
- Supervising and developing subordinates by setting performance targets and identifying training needs.
- Conducting staff appraisals/evaluations quarterly/annually using the Integrated Results Based Management (IRBM) system for subordinates.
- Adhering to and ensuring adherence to safety, health and environment regulations and standard procedures.
- Performs ad – hoc/any other duties assigned by the Superior.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 ‘O’ level subjects including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts.
- A Higher National Diploma or Degree in ICT, Information Systems, Computer Science or any other relevant ICT qualification.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
How To Apply
Applications in own hand writing accompanied with a copy of a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
Silo Food Industries Ltd
14 Wimbledon Crescent
Or send an email with the position being applied for clearly stated on the subject matter to email@example.com