Reporting to the Deputy Director-ICT, the successful candidate will oversee the technical and managerial aspects of the IT function in terms of the design, installation, and maintenance of IT systems core to the Authority.
This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the design, development, implementation support and optimization of infrastructure systems that enable the ICT function to support the business.
- Assume responsibility for multiple large, complex installations for the Authority. Develop and implement ICT Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Apply specialized knowledge in a systems infrastructure discipline to conceptualize, design, construct, test, implement and optimize infrastructure systems that enable and support business.
- Create systems infrastructure portions of information/technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technical context and business needs.
- Conceptualize, construct, test and implement Integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks.
- Monitor performance and analyse statistics to identify and resolve system infrastructure documentation.
- Establish and maintain security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Lead In ICT Infrastructure Procurement and Budgeting.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or related ICT Degree programs.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in ICT, 3 of which must be at Management level
- Demonstratable knowledge of Cisco, Project Management, Microsoft Exchange and AZURE
- Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and tools.
- Working experience with Data Centres and hybrid networks.
- Understanding of current IT equipment and services trends in the market.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to specific business user needs.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and responsiveness.
How To Apply
Those interested in pursuing this opportunity should either hand deliver their applications with CVs and certified copies of professional qualifications to: NSSA House Cnr Sam Nujoma (2nd Street)/Selous Avenue, Harare.
Or, alternatively post their applications to:
The Acting Director-Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387 Causeway,
To reach not later than close of business on 5 September 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted