Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of Human Resources initiatives and systems.
- Ensure all staff adhere to the signing of contracts and timesheets as required.
- Provide support and actively involved in recruitment and hiring including organizing resumes and job applications, long-listing, short-listing, scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview processes as well as contacting references.
- Assist in performance management processes including timely implementation of bi-annual and annual performance appraisal processes.
- Conduct background checks for selected candidates and send out the candidate offer letter packet as requested, tracking its’ return.
- Assist with maintaining HR records through a documented filing system based on an “easy to retrieve” principle Support in maintaining an effective, accurate, hard and soft copy HR filing system for all employee records as required.
- Facilitate processing of exit checklists for employees leaving the organization
- Develop training schedule and train staff on HR related issues.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Work closely with management and provide advice on HR issues.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum: Diploma in Human Resources Management or BSc/BA in business administration.
- At least three years of work experience in HR issues.
- Experience in labour laws and frameworks of Zimbabwe will be an added advantage.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office package and web conferencing application.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).