An emerging company with interests in the mining field is looking for suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above vacant post within the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in various mining projects.
- Handling staff welfare. Producing company policy documents and staff code of ethics. Engagement with marketing team and external recruiters.
- Contract Management (appointments, extension of appointments, separation actions).
- Processing of payroll and staff benefits
- Administration of Labour Act entitlements such as leave days, sick leave, issuance of code of ethics to staff monitoring and evaluating its implementation.
- Assist with the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and on boarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all labour regulations and best practices.
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys keeps the strategy up to date Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
- Ensure the organization's compliance with the relevant labour laws and international best practices.
- Report on the cost of HR and current/future recruitment needs/drive.
- Ability to work independently and report to the relevant department heads
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Human Resources or related field
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Familiarity with HR software knowledge of MS Office
- Be good at keeping the peace and in the company.
- Real listening skills and respect for information private.
- Clean class 4 driver's licence
- Proven 5 year working experience as an HR officer
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of the Labour Act and HR best practices