Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post in the Chamber Secretary department.
Reporting To : Chamber Secretary
Qualifications And Experience
- A Law Degree.
- An additional relevant Human Resources Management qualification is a distinct advantage.
- A relevant Masters Degree is an added advantage
- A Minimum of 5 "0" Levels including English Language and Mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations and orAdministration.
- Excellent interpersonal relations with Policy makers, Management, Workers Representatives and workers in general.
- Strong command and articulate in Labour law.
- Local government experience is an added advantage
- Have excellent managerial skills
- Must be prepared to work under pressure and at odd times
- Must be at least 35 years of age
Duties And Responsibilities
- To develop and implement the human capital strategy that support the achievement of Council strategic goals.
- To provide legal advise to the Council and to the Town Clerk's Management Team.
- Developing strategies and policies that will reward and compensate employees competitively.
- Resolving any industrial relations matters that may arise in line with the provisions of the Labour Act and any other applicable statutory laws to foster a harmonious industrial relations environment.
- Leading the recruitment and selection process in line with best recruitment practices.
- Initiating and implementing need based training and development programs to capacitate the employees with requisite skills and competencies to perform as expected.
- Leading change management and organisational development initiatives in line with the business strategy.
- To facilitate drafting of new municipal By-Laws and updating them in line with new legislation and government policy.
- Appearing before Conciliators, Arbitrators and Adjudicators on Labour matters on behalf of the employer.
- To assist with due diligence in Council's investment promotion programmes.
- To supervise operational as well as administrative sections within the Chamber Secretary's department.
- To supervise conveyancing of all municipal properties.
- To oversee and be responsible for a computerized personnel information management system.
- To carry out any other functions as delegated by the Chamber Secretary from time to time.
IN RETURN THE COUNCIL OFFERS
A competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, noncontributory life assurance and medical aid schemes, 100% housing guarantee and vehicle benefit among other benefits.
How To Apply
Applications in own handwriting addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to reach the undersigned through posting, email or hand delivery
Municipal Offices Eng. E. Mukaratirwa
P.O.Box 17 TOWN CLERK