Childline is a local Private Voluntary Organisation specialising in child protection looking for a qualified individual to take up the role of Human Resource and Organisational Development Officer.
The HR & OD Officer shall be responsible for providing support in various human resource and organisational development functions, which include recruitment, selection, training and professional development, performance management, grievance handling, development and review of operational policies and procedures.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of the organisation’s human resources and organisational development strategy.
- Provide advice to staff, including volunteers, and management on various Human Resources policies, practises and Zimbabwean labour law.
- Monitor, initiate and prepare staff employment contracts, and separation processes such as exit interviews.
- Facilitate staff performance management.
- Assist in administering disciplinary processes in line with Childline’s policies and procedures, national legislation and international best practise.
- Advise and assist in the development and review of Childline’s policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date personnel records including a filing system for all HR related information and tracking of staff leave.
- Coordinate staff trainings including providing relevant support to staff training interventions.
- Promote workplace safety and maximum health standards.
- Process the Payroll monthly including ensuring supporting documentation is available i.e., Timesheets, contracts etc.
- Ensure timely remittances of statutory payments i.e. ZIMRA, NSSA, NEC.
- Establish and maintain good relations with Human Resources Service providers such as Medical Insurance Providers and Payroll System providers.
- Design and review of systems and work processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- National Safeguarding Focal point responsible for coordinating safeguarding interventions within the organisation including, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child & Youth Safeguarding.
- Ensure safeguarding standards are met and maintained
Qualifications And Experience
- A Degree in Human Resources Management / relevant qualification from a reputable institution.
- A professional HR certification such an IPMZ diploma is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position within an NGO.
- Experience of using the Belina Payroll System and MS Office is essential.
- Previous experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical and strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence with at least 2 years driving experience.
How To Apply
To apply, please send ONE DOCUMENT that includes your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, contactable references, and your CV to Childline Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, Friday 18 March 2022. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Childline is an equal opportunity organization and encourages both female and male candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.