Zambezi River Authority Is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean National to fill the vacant position of Human Resource and Administration Officer in the Corporate Services Department to be based at Kariba Office Zimbabwe
To manage all human resource and administration functions and activities designed to attract, motivate and retain qualified and motivated employees in order to enhance efficient and effective management of all human resource and administration operations ant processes in the Authority
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager Human Resource and Administration, the Human Resource and Administration Officer will carry out the following key responsibilities:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Processing all activities pertaining to the recruitment and selection processes in the Authority by ensuring that as activities undertaken are in compliance with the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures.
- Processing all issues pertaining to Training and Development and ensuring that all Departments / Sections / Units develop training plans for employees each year
- Managing all Employee Relations and Welfare activities by ensuring that all processes and activities under Employee / Management Relations, Employee Welfare, Employee Morale and Engagement Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures, Employee Medical Scheme, Employee Loans, Employee Pension Scheme, HIV/AIDS activities and Compensation and Benefits are timely done in addition to providing the necessary support and /or guidance.
- Implementing and managing employee wellness programmes
- Ensuring effective implementation of the Authority's Employment Code of Conduct_
- Assisting in the development and reviewing of Human Resource and Administration Policies and Procedures.
- Processing all activities pertaining to employee placements i.e. employee transfers, acting appointments, promotions, separations and the like.
- Managing all Reward and Recognition activities by ensuring that all incentive schemes such as long service awards, excellence awards and annual performance reviews in the Authority are undertaken on time.
- Managing all activities pertaining to the performance management system by ensuring that the Performance Management System Action Plan for each year is executed by the business within the set timelines.
- Conducting performance reviews for subordinates and providing the necessary support to the business in order to that the execution of the Performance Management System Action Plan is undertaken within set timelines.
- Managing Human Resource Operations by ensuring effective maintenance of all employee records and effective management of all HR processes
- Investigating all Health and Safety related accidents/ incidents and making necessary recommendations and claims where possible.
- Participating in the formulation of the Human Resource and Administration Section's Annual Budget.
- Taking Minutes and Producing Matters Arising/ Actions Taken Reports for Employee meetings.
- Providing secretarial services for the Human Resource Management Committee.
- Ensuring that all Human Resource and Administration initiatives are undertaken in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Service and the Human Resource and Administration Policies and Procedures Manual and all other relevant policies and procedures
- Overseeing the execution of Administrative Support Services at Kariba Office
- Dealing with all Human Resource and Administration matters in the Water Resources and Environmental Management Department including attending Departmental meetings as the Human Resource and Administration Business Partner for the said Section.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) '0' Levels with cretins/ 'Cs' or better: In English. Mathematics and any Science subject.
- Academic / Professional Qualification:
- Degree in Human Resource Management of equivalent.
- Full professional membership.
- Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of relevant experience.
- OTHER KEY COMPETENCES
- Team player
- Leadership Skills
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Quality Oriented
- Communication skills
How To Apply
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent and Pensionable
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Club Chambers. Nelson Mandela Avenue PO Box 630,
OR Kariba Nice
Administration Block, 21 Lake Drive
Pvt Bag 2001,
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE 18th. FEBRUARY 2022 (ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)