The team at the Ambassador’s residence performs an important role in representing the British Embassy in Harare with the residence housekeeper playing a vital role in this dynamic team. The residence team is dedicated to creating memorable guest experiences through provision of excellent housekeeping, maintenance, food and beverage service and general official hosting.
The residence housekeeper position is one that is challenging and rewarding, requiring a proactive and flexible individual who pays close attention to detail.
Start Date: 01 January 2023
Duration of Post: 36 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning the residence (ranging from daily household cleaning of the residence private and public areas to laundry services and polishing silverware).
- Food and beverage service (waiter/waitress) for receptions, casual and fine dining hosting on and off site as required. Pre and post event set up and tidy up and assisting with event logistics when needed.
- Stock taking and assistance in recording of food and beverage stock, cleaning stock and general residence inventory.
- Ensuring the residence remains in good working order, reporting faults and maintenance issues regularly.
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- At least two years’ work experience in professional housekeeping and food and beverage service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsive to guest needs and ability to work flexible hours and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and in a supportive manner within a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous work experience in an international standard hotel/lodge, diplomatic residence or equivalent.
- Fine dining restaurant waiter/waitress experience
- Experience in maintaining stock/inventory
- Required behaviours
- Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
How to Apply
Deadline: 04 November 2022