Job exists to reach key populations working outside the established KPs community- based organizations’ circles of influence, their contacts and facilitate delivery of clinical HIV prevention, treatment and care interventions. The position will facilitate provision of the minimum clinical KPs package and other layered services such as VMMC and SRHR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reaches key populations working outside PSH's partner KP organizations sphere of influence and facilitates service delivery in spaces preferred by clients.
- Offers HIV self-test kits and provides testing assistance when requested by clients and facilitates confirmatory HIV testing by a clinician.
- Elicits and tracks for biological and sexual contacts of all index cases, facilitates HIV self and confirmatory testing.
- Links clients appropriately to ART, PrEP, STI’s and TB screening.
- Links clients to layered services such as sexual and reproductive health (SRH), voluntary medical male circumcision, DREAMS for young women and other services and psycho-social support.
- Facilitates reminders to clinical review appointments and facilitates ART and PrEP supplies refill considering the clients preferred models of supply.
- Supports retention in HIV care of clients who have been successfully linked to clinical services through case management and following up a cohort of assigned clients.
- Generates demand for viral load testing from the clients in the cohort being supported.
- Promotes and distributes condoms, lubricants and IEC materials.
- Provides direct psycho-social support including in managing intimate partner violence (IPV) or link to community support activities.
- Enters data in DHIS2 and assist ICT team to generate qualitative data.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Psychology, Social Work, Gender Studies, or other Social Sciences.
- At least two years’ experience working with key populations and in the HIV sector.
- Ability to read, write, and present educational material in local languages and English.
- Technologically sound with understanding of android-based applications such as social media and data tablets.
- Experience in marketing and behavioral change communications is an added advantage.
- Members of the key populations’ community have an added advantage.
- Ability to work comfortably and confidently with diverse target populations with sensitivity to religious, cultural issues and/or relevant life experience with substance abuse, HIV, PrEP/PEP, STI’s, key populations.
- Mature, non-discriminating and non-judgmental.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment and work schedules including working at night, during weekends and holidays
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=7LiczSHmKkeXmlSatbokcNO7h-fzQdlLv2uX4UTqbxxUNkVaTlVSRjJTRFA0T0ZUWkNUUkJCMUgxMy4u
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Deadline: 06 November 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.