The position exists to assist the Authority through overseeing complex research projects, analysis of results and provision of recommendations based on findings in compliance with the Postal & Telecommunications . Act, the Cyber & Data Protection A. and other relevant research requirement, of the Author., The Incumbent assesses the scope of research projects and ensures they are on time and within the stipulated buds. The position reports to the Director General.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans and directs research and development policies, objectives and initiatives for the Data Protection Authority and POTRAZ in general.
- Maintains the Authority's competitive position by formulating research and development Programs, policies, and procedures in line with its mandate
- Undertakes research on developments in processing of personal data and mitigate risk or adverse effects on the privacy of individuals.
- General Research and Development in the field of data protection, postal and telecommunications.
- investigates and identifies new technologies that align to the mandate of the data protection.
- Determines what research techniques to be used and length of research process.
- Designs, organizes, and manages the distribution of research materials.
- Assists in various phases of research and development and formulation development activities in line with data protection, postal and telecommunications.
- Provides research for scientific evidence through a variety of resources, including internet and comparative analysis to support the data protection, postal and telecommunications mandates.
- Works with research and development teats to ensure promised turn-around times on analyses are met.
- Keeps abreast of Current trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes, which would impact on data protection requirements.
- Suggests training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development in data protection, postal and telecommunications.
- Determines continuous. research to establish all the economic trends as well as regulatory trends and
- Enhances International cooperation.
- Any other duty as directed by the Director General.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Business or Social Sciences
- Master's in Business or Social Sciences
- A relevant PhD a must
- At least 10 years' experience in a relevant field, with at least 5 years working in a Research Centre or University.
- Proof of at least 2 publications in refereed journal
- A Clean Class Four Driver's Licence a must.
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.