The Gonarezhou Conservation Trust (GCT) is an innovative conservation partnership founded by the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and the Frankfurt Zoological Society. The primary goal of GCT is the sustainable development and protection of Gonarezhou National Park . A core part of our strategy is the engagement of communities and stakeholders in the greater Gonarezhou landscape and to forge lasting partnerships towards not only for the benefit of Gonarezhou but foe the benefit of communities living adjacent to the park. Applications are therefore invited from experienced and qualified candidates for the above newly created management level position within Gonarezhou conservation Trust (GCT) The successful candidate will be expected to oversee further growth and with input from GCT management team guide the strategic direction of the community department
Duties And Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all key stakeholders including community members CBOs Rural District Councils Traditional leaders Government departments at district higher levels and partner development organisations
- Ensuring the integration of GCT's community programme into district and higher level National and International planning and development programmes and contributing to relevant policy dialogue and debate
- Working with communities and CBOs to identify local needs and priorities, Including those of vulnerable and marginalized groups and supporting the dentification deelopment and implemantation of community projects in towards improved natural resources management and livelihoods
- Managing relationships with partner organizations within the Mpfhuka areas, including Joint planning tracking and implemantation of agreed activities
- Strategically attracting other sustainable development partners into the landscape and forging partnerships that liverage the unique strengths creating positive synergies
- Develop project funding proposals, formulating policies, strategies and overseeing implematation for the community
- Taking a lead in developing social safeguards and in holding GCT and partner organisations accountable to best practice in terms of Human rights and environmental and social safeguards
- Communicating activities through progress reports, stories, articles and other PR activities.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of Master of Science Degree in Development/Social Studies or any equivalent qualification
- Proven knowledge and understanding of community social and rural development issues backed by at least five years' experience in project management related to communities, governance, natural resources and rural development (social experience is a must )environmental experience will be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to plan and manage projects, staff and operational budgets
- Clean class 4 drivers licence
- Knowledge of standard IT programmes especially MS office, plus ability to manage social media
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
How To Apply
Interest. candidates should submit a cover letter , scanned copies of academic and professional qualifications' certificates and transcripts together with detailed CV (with 3 contactable referees,. ONLY One email per candidate will be considered.
GCT will provide adequate housing, transport a purpose driven work environment and a competitive remuneration package.
Applications Must Indicate Job Applied For On The Envelope Or Email Subject And Address To The Gct Recruitment Office And Can Be Made On Email Recruitment@gonarezhou.org Hard Copy Application Can Be Left At Malilangwe Bravo 1,any Manned Gonarezhou Park Gate Or Jamanda Entrance Gate Or The Offices At Mabalauta,chipinda Pools And Makonde
Deadline for applications is on or before Friday 16 September 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted
Preference will be given to candidates living in and around Gonarezhou National Park wherever possible