To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Help Deliver Country strategies relating to :
- Corporate Cormecial & Institutional Banking (CCIB) Country, Cluster and Region Strategy
- Global Subsidiaries Strategy Country and GS Africa
- Responsible as the primary coverage and origination point for a portfolio of local subsidiaries clients in a country
- Responsible for working with the Global Account Managers (GAM) and, where relevant, the Regional Account Manager (RAM) to deliver the SCB network to our clients.
- Accountable for revenues, profitability, and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit) of all GS clients they cover at a country level.
- Responsible for executing country account plans of the clients being covered, establishing and maintaining an understanding of the client and their needs and steering the client relationship along with the relevant GAM or RAM where applicable.
- Work collaboratively with the GAM, RAM, and product partners to provide well-designed solutions that meet client needs
- Acts as a champion of the Bank’s brand, culture, and conduct standards
- Develop and maintain an understanding of clients’ business needs and decision making processes, and identify new opportunities for the Bank to add value.
- Partner with the broader coverage team of RMs, product specialists, and, where relevant industry specialist, as well as functional partners to deliver
- A clear account plan based on an understanding of client needs and outcomes
- Appropriate solutions for clients across relevant products
- client profitability, and meet commitments and financial performance objectives (revenue, costs, RoRWA, EVA etc.) agreed as part of the account planning and deal approval processes
- Establish effective working relationships with key client contacts Maintain a strong working relationship with Risk, Legal, Compliance and other key stakeholders
- People and Talent
- Coach, Guide and lead the GS RMs & CMs in country. Coach the Client managers and credit analysts supporting the GS Team.
- Risk Management
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, and provide proactive advice to clients on these issues
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and ensure adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations,
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which country operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for challenging colleagues effectively on regulatory and ethical or conduct issues and working effectively with regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Global Subsidiaries Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Key Stakeholders
- CCIB Head – Zimbabwe, Head FM – Southern Africa, CEO Zimbabwe; SCM and SCO Zimbabwe / Southern Africa, GS Head – Africa, CCIB Southern Africa Cluster Head; Head Client Managers – Southern Africa.
Qualifications And Experience
- First degree in any discipline plus professional qualifications in accounting e.g. ACCA, ACA (fully qualified) or an MBA in Finance ,with at least 10 years minimum industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of in-depth appreciation of Risk Management , Credit process
- Deep knowledge of Commercial banking products ; Working Capital , Trade Finance and Financial market products
- Track record of business development and growing Bank portfolio
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver on financial goals , protfolio and risk management
- Exposure and understanding of the Multinational businesses and ability to communicate and work with Global Account Managers and Network Teams