An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified, passionate, and self-driven individuals in a leading diversified conglomerate for the position of a Head Gardner. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving business performance through maintenance work involved in all aspects of gardening with the aim of supporting business strategy by ensuring that the grounds and gardens are visually distinctive and well maintained. The incumbent supervises all employees and tasks involving design and planning, planting and growing plants from seed, purchasing plants, managing pests and keeping the grounds well maintained
Duties And Responsibilities
- Review, propose and execute ideas to aid in improvements on grounds and maintenance related matters.
- Assist with the day to day management and monitoring of the gardeners team including routine staff monitoring and assistance with setting appraisal objectives.
- Carry out regular checks on all equipment, ensuring that preventative maintenance is done, before unnecessary losses and costs are incurred.
- Submission of lists of requirements to the Park Manager to include tree & shrub replacement, seasonal bedding plants & other horticultural materials as required.
- Responsible for day to day care and maintenance of gardens including orchard, cut flowers, vegetable garden, fruit trees, and rose garden etc.
- Ensure the premises are ready to welcome stakeholders every morning as outlined in the checklists.
- Carry out weekly premises walks, every Tuesday at 6.30am with all key employees, checking all grounds and maintenance matters.
- Ensure routine service and maintenance of all grounds equipment is done.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal person must possess the following:
- At least 3 years experience in landscaping, gardening and related activities
- O levels
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team of gardeners
How To Apply
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Head Gardner in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.