We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individual to join our Executive Management team for the position above
The incumbent will be responsible to the Chief Finance Officer and will be responsible for the funding initiatives of the business, provision of financial management support, steering the financial direction and undertaking strategic financial goals and objectives of the company.
Duties And Responsibilities
Financial Strategy & Advising
- Leads ad hoc financial analyses advising management in evaluating investment appraisals for various projects to be undertaken by the Company.
- Conducts risks management and continuously reviews finance related policies and internal control procedures, effecting necessary changes where needed as well as provision of finance related advice to other departments.
- Develops and leads weekly/monthly/annual/ financial planning processes in order to establish a corporate budget that is subsequently approved by the Board of Directors.
- Establishes forecasting processes that enables formulation of informed strategies and direction by management as well as maintenance of treasury related ledgers.
- Interprets and implements financial reporting provisions of the Public Finance Management Act and Companies and Other Business Act as well as providing auditors with in-depth understanding of TelOne business strategy, policies and procedures.
Revenue & Profitability
- Directs and participates in costs analysis which includes among others staff costs banks/agencies/service providers, cash vouchers, supplier bills, utility bills etc.
- Prepares annual operational expenditure and revenue budgets and provide guidance in the preparation of the budget process.
- Runs monthly cost forecasts and ensure all targets are met within the stipulated timeframe.
- Prepares estimates of costs for unique products or services in order to establish prices of products or services and to forecast production as well as devising, and regulating procedures that establishes unit cost of services and products.
Treasury & Cost Accounting Management
- Manages treasury and cost accounting function, including meeting short and long-term funding requirements within budgeted levels.
- Determines appropriate capital structure as well as initiating and overseeing execution of all capital market transactions.
- Applies available funds to ensure critical operational and capital investment requirements are prioritized.
- Monitors Company's key payable accounts and engage in payment plans in order to secure continued provision of critical services.
- Ensures that all bank inflows and outflows are reconciled and that suspense accounts are continuously cleared.
- Safeguards company's loan and investment funds by ensuring that the funds are applied for the intended purposes.
Client Relationship Management
- Creates financial plans and strategies that support overall business objectives as well as compiling and presenting monthly/quarterly finance results for the business's executive leaders, stakeholders, and shareholder.
- Creates and maintains positive relationship with clients and key stakeholders such as Ministry of ICT, local authorities, statutory organizations, banks and other departments in the organization through appropriate communication.
- Manages the relationships with ZIMRA, POTRAZ and banks and act as the prime liaison on all statutory issues.
- Designs appropriate reports that address ongoing stakeholder needs and demands.
- Implements performance management for the department in line with TelOne corporate goals.
- Cascades performance objectives to all subordinates and review performance to meet key business objectives of revenue generation, revenue collection, profitability and customer satisfaction as and when necessary.
- Implements all aspects of HR functions within the department with respect to recruitment needs, training, review, personal development, performance monitoring and team building.
- Takes responsibility for absence, disciplinary and grievance policies for the Department.
- Undertakes all people management related activities in accordance with the TelOne's Standards.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Management.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA) qualification
- MBA / MBL is an added advantage.
- 5 years' experience at Management Level.
- Strong business acumen, management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and translate insights into action.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply using the following link http://careers.telone.co.zw/ or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29 July 2022 and any application challenges on the platform please contact our Human Resources team on email@example.com.
- Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
NB: Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.