Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant positions.
Head CIRT and Enforcement:
The job exists to assist the Director Data Protection through ensuring that the company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards on data protection and cyber security. The incumbent shall ensure continuous advocacy programs, enforce compliance, perform regular audits,
implement company policies, and design control systems in line with data protection and cyber security. The position reports to the Director Data Protection.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plan for data protection enforcement staff; assigns work activities, projects and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures in line with the provisions of CDPA Act.
- Oversees and provides direction in the management and enforcement of data protection including data collection, data entry, etc.
- Prepares and manages the department's budget, including forecasting funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Registration and licensing of the data controllers and data processors as well as Certification of all data controllers and data processors
- Manages Database/Records including a register of data controllers and data processors.
- Receives complaints from any persons on possible infringement of the rights under the Cyber and Data Protection Act.
- Conducts investigations based on complaints made by data subjects, or third parties as provided for in the DPA.
- Develops, implements, and reviews policies, strategies, and guidelines on handling complaints and investigations.
- Implements administrative fines for failure to comply with the Cyber and Data Protection Act.
- Coordinates the development of data protection registration and certification standards and data protection seals and marks.
- Develops, implements and maintains processes, procedures and guidelines to improve and increase the effectiveness of the operations of ZWCIRT
- Provides oversight on data processing operations in the country.
- Verifies processing of data in accordance with the Cyber and Data Protection Law
- Carries out inspections of all public and private entities on processing of personal data in the country
- Conducts periodic audits of the processes and systems of the data controllers and data processors to ensure compliance.
- Conducts risk assessments and security analysis on the reported incidents
- Enforces compliance with the Cyber and Data Protection Act in relation to transfer of personal data outside the country.
Qualifications And Experience
- BSc Computer Science / IT / or Equivalent
- MBA an added advantage
- Knowledge on Cyber Security, investigations, and Computer Forensics
- Certification as a Data Protection Officer an added advantage
- Clean Class Four (4) driver's licence a must.
Characteristics And Skills
- Analytical thinking.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent skills
- Good organisational and time management.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Team player.
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.