A local Guesthouse is looking for a candidate to fill the above position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain good relationship with customers and suppliers (resolving issues with suppliers if any arises)
- Strictly follow and adhere to the budget of the restaurant or hotel, by ensuring that supplies and/or orders are in line with the budget and supervising food and labor cost(s)
- Make sure that kitchen safety measures are met and that sanitation practices are carried out to the letter
- Create new methods and recipes in preparation of meals
- Make sure that the restaurant or hotel keeps up with new trends in the industry
- Maintain work schedule for kitchen staff so as to ensure smooth flow of activities in the kitchen and the restaurant or hotel at large
- Make sure that meal is prepared and served to customers in a timely manner
- Monitor and maintain stock levels so as to place orders for supplies as at when due
- Create menus that tend to suit the need of customers, and in some cases suggest new dishes to customers.
- Quality & quantity controls on all food products
- May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility.
- Listen to complaints and try to solve them quickly, informs the manager even if the problem has been solved.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least 5 O Levels.
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferably Professional Cookery and/or class 1 Journey man.
- Culinary school diploma or HND in food service management or related field is a plus.
- At least 2 years of working experience within a similar corporate environment.
- Equivalent level of competence and Strong in kitchen and functions and able to work all shifts when required
- Culinary skills
- Productivity driven
- Client service orientated
- Cost awareness
- Computer literacy
- Business acumen
- Excellent food/Chef skills and background
How To Apply
Applicants must submit copies of their CVs to: email@example.com with the subject “Chef Application”
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 11 August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.