Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the mentioned vacant position.
Head Advocacy and Compliance:
- The job exists to assist the Director Data Protection through ensuring that the company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards on data protection. The incumbent shall ensure continuous advocacy, offer training programs, enforce compliance, perform regular audits, implement company policies, and design control systems in line with data protection. The position reports to the Director Data Protection.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Organizes and coordinates advocacy related events anti works with events teams to effectively publicize the provisions of Data Protection Act.
- Develops, implements and monitors annual advocacy programmes and budgets.
- Mentors, coaches advocacy team members, and ensures coherence across country-based, regional and global advocacy on data protection.
- Provides short and long-term advocacy strategies
- Ensures the country's compliance on data protection obligations under international conventions and agreements.
- Develops and oversees control systems to prevent violations of legal guidelines and internal policies on data protection.
- Promotes collaboration with other bodies or organizations within and outside the country as
- appropriate in furtherance of the object and purpose of the Data Protection Authority.
- Coordinates the development of guidelines on codes of practice for the data controllers, data processors and data protection officers.
- In liaison with external agencies issues summons to a witness for purposes of investigating infringement and to any person required to provide explanations, information, and assistance to authority
- In liaison with Head Corporate Services and HR, conducts Cyber security training and knowledge sharing.
- Determines and recommends the administrative deterrent fines to be imposed on operators who fail to comply with the Cyber and Data Protection Act of 2021.
- Reviews and regularly updates the regulations and guidelines set out under the Data Protection Act of 2021.
- Determines training needs for Data Protection, ensure proper implementation, evaluates and recommends in liaison with Corporate Services Division.
- Evaluates departmental performance to ensure that training is meeting the data protection needs and improving performance.
- Assesses employees' skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement on data protection in liaison with Corporate Services Division.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Bachelor of Laws /Business Management or equivalent
- Relevant Master's degree an added advantage
- Knowledge on training methodology a must
- Media liaison knowledge an added advantage
- Certification as a Data Protection Officer an added advantage
- Qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation an added advantage
- At least 5 years' experience at management level.
- A Clean Class Four Driver's Licence a must.
Characteristics And Skills
- Excellent engagement and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-tasks and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1008 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an Envelope clearly marked and STATING THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR.