This role implements accounting processes, systems and controls for the Old Mutual Zimbabwe Group including determining appropriate standards to be adhered to across the group.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of the accounting processes utilised to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Drives the group audit process.
- Responsible for producing group consolidated financial statements and annual reports.
- Subsidiary financial statements review and timely monthly submissions consisting of report and commentary within agreed deadline.
- General ledger oversight ensuring all transactions are accurately reflected in the ledger.
- Oversight of control accounts and reconciliations. Monitors and reports on status of all control accounts in the group finance function.
- Lead expert in technical accounting/IFRS matters and provides advice on accounting policy and practice to senior and middle management.
- Reviews and approves financial statement templates, including management accounts.
- Drives implementation of the financial reporting framework and adherence to set standards.
- Analyses and reports on variances.
- Accountable for the execution of business plan, and for governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Produces ongoing and ad-hoc reporting based on requirements.
- Creates a healthy internal control environment to ensure safeguarding of assets and integrity of financial information.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management (BAFM) (Required), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)(Foreign Qualification) (Required)
- Accountable, Accounting, Accounting Standards, Business Units, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Financial Planning, Process Development (PD), Taxes, Technical Issues, Technical Support, Translations
How To Apply
Closing Date: 06 August 2022