Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads documentation and accountability of grant transactions, ensuring budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted on time.
- Direct the compliance and financial management systems in accordance with donor requirements and ensure expenses are incurred consistently with grant agreements and overall contract.
- Create simple tools to support excellence in grants management.
- Conduct spot checks to ensure that project expenses are being tracked in compliance with financial control and operational systems and donor requirements and report to the Finance and administration Manager.
- Ensures an integrated approach to programming through regular, accurate and timely financial information sharing with programme staff for collective decision making;
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data and reports
- Ensure that all grants/projects’ reports are discussed with the project team and submitted to the donors within the timeframes.
- Ensure grant accounting and management comply with MDTC internal financial controls and donor requirements.
- Project performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting in accordance to donor requirements.
- Submit in good time end of project grant financial reports and follow up on the project close-out procedures relating to financial aspects, asset disposal and release of liability among others.
- Prepare and maintain the Grant Tracking Sheet while ensuring that the same is regularly shared with program and operations staff as appropriate.
- Play an active role in training and mentoring grant finance staff on matters related to grant management.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in accounting or related field.
- Member of accounting professional board.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing medium to large USAID-funded grants.
- Experience in building the capacity of other finance and programme staff to meet compliance standards.
- Conversant with widely used accounting packages for development programs.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).