ActionAid Zimbabwe is a global justice organization working in over 40 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion to achieve social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality. ActionAid Zimbabwe has articulated a strong stand on gender justice and safeguarding through its child protection and anti-sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse policies. ActionAid is committed to taking an intersectional feminist approach to Safeguarding, recognizing how forms of abuse and oppression intersect.
ActionAid Zimbabwe seeks to recruit for the following 1-year Graduate Internship.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The interns shall function collaboratively as members of the Programs team and will play a significant role in providing sponsorship, programmatic and administrative support in the Local Rights Programs.
Qualifications And Experience
- Recent graduate with a degree in Social sciences, Development studies, Rural Development agriculture, Sociology, Psychology, or any other related field
- 1 year work related learning experience in rural development sector including networking with local NGOs, local government agencies and community -based organisations
- Ability to work in a multicultural community
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to ride a motorbike will be an added advantage
- Ability and preparedness to travel and work in difficult conditions
- Comfortable working with children
How To Apply
Please submit a maximum of 3-page Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 September 2022 at 1700 hours. Please ensure your email subject clearly reads position applied for. Given the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, no hard copies will be accepted.
NB: Only applications sent with the job title in the subject line will be considered. Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.