If you are passionate about,building a career in a Local Urban Authority, you are encouraged to apply for the Norton Town Council Graduate Development Programme. This two year training program will accelerate careers for the selected candidates. Permanent employment after the two year training period is not guaranteed as this shall depend on performance and availability of suitable openings at the end of the training. Progress into the second and final year is not automatic. Contracts shall be processed as one year renewable depending on performance of the individual candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Job Related
Qualifications and Experience
- Five Ordinary level passes with Mathematics/Accounts and English language.
- A minimum of three Advanced level passes (ie C or better).
- A Degree in Local Governance/Psychology/Sociology with at least an upper second (2.1) class.
- Any extra qualification in Statistics would be an added advantage. The candidate should not have attained the age of thirty (30) years at the time of internship completion
- The degree certificates, transcripts and all other relevant qualifications should be available and ready for presentation to the Human Resources department of Council.
How to Apply
All interested candidates must submit their curriculum vitae (CV) showing the following details (among others), age of candidate, name of the degree program studied, the degree class, clearly listed Ordinary and Advanced level results. In addition, all academic certificates and academic transcripts should be certified and attached to the application.
The Town Secretary,
Norton Town Council,
208 Galloway Road,
P. Bag 904,
Or Hand deliver to Norton Town Council, 208 Galloway Road, Norton
Deadline: 30 December 2022