With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Plan, implement and monitor Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) project activities.
- Facilitate to ensure that GESI project activities are implemented timely, efficiently and effectively to meet project objectives and standards.
- Facilitate the implementation of Women and girls empowerment through integrated WASH and Livelihoods interventions addressing identified constraints and opportunities to enhance empowerment through access, participation, systems, decision making and well-being among target beneficiaries
- Mobilize local communities and stakeholders at Ward and Village levels to participate and contribute effectively to GESI and Women and Girls empowerment project activities.
- Facilitate the enhancement of GESI practices and women and girls empowerment through engagement of various target groups (school children, mother-girl forums, men -boy forums, community leadership etc) in project areas
- Facilitate improvement of knowledge on GESI best practices among the target communities through Citizen Voice and Action activities with special focus on inclusive WASH e.g. gender, disability, vulnerability, women and girls empowerment, Child Protection, , environment and social safeguards, disaster risk reduction, gender, access to services by the elderly and other marginalized communities
- Assist in needs assessments, baseline surveys, inventories, data collection and analysis activities incidental to project implementation.
- All project activities are achieved within the planned time frame
- All project deliverables meet the expected standards
- Community is effectively engaged and involved and participates in project implementation
- All Women and girls Empowerment project activities are achieved Relevant IEC materials are designed, produced and used for inclusive WASH
- Proper needs assessments are done and analysed in a participatory manner resulting in proper targeting.
- Networking and Advocacy
- Supporting the Local Authorities and Rural Stakeholders in the development of long-term plans for GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment interventions and provide necessary training and for sustained GESI promotion
- Build the Capacity of Govt extension workers, health institutions, communities and schools in GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment through integrated WASH and Livelihoods interventions including cross cutting issues such Child Protection, disability, environment and social safeguards, disaster risk reduction.
- Facilitate the conducting of Citizen Voice and Action activities to promote GESI and Women and Girls participation in social accountability processes for Empowerment through equitable service delivery.
- Advocate for adoption of GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment best practices in the target communities through GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment national policies and strategies.
- Participate in relevant GESI coordination platforms at districts and local level
- Stakeholders at district level capacitated to implement inclusive and sustainable GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment interventions
- Ward level extension workers, local leaders and community champions are capacitated to mainstream and implement GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment activities and services
- Stakeholders and community buy-in and or acceptance and adoption of GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment best practices
- · Ward level government extension workers and community artisans trained on CVA and are able to apply it to change systems
- Prepare and submit accurate timely project reports to meet reporting requirements. · Document and share lessons learnt in GESI and Women and Girls Empowerment through integrated WASH and Livelihoods interventions
- Reports compiled and shared as per project requirements
- Impact stories are captured and shared
- Best practices are documented
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Degree or relevant qualification in Gender Studies a priority; International Development/Development Studies/Women’s Studies/Social Work/Public Policy field or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Programming
- Strong facilitation, community mobilization, communication and collaboration skills
- A strong commitment to GESI, and Women and Girls Empowerment
How To Apply
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications come.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only