Organization: Zimbabwe Council Of Churches
Duty Station: Harare (With Extensive Traveling
Starting Date: 1 November 2022 Contract
Duration: 5 Years Position At (%): 100%
Reports To: ZCC President
Works Closely With: Internal: Members of the staff leadership group, directors, and program staff External: ZCC Supervisory Council, Advisory Board, member churches, ecumenical organizations, funding partners, Civil Society organizations, Labour, Government agencies, academic and business actors, and the diplomatic community.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Strengthen fellowship within and among ZCC member churches.
- Maintain and grow relationships with ecumenical and funding partners.
- Provide stewardship over and management of the ZCC secretariat, its work and finances with integrity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the implementation of the programmatic work of the ZCC in line with the strategic directions taken by the ZCC General Assemblies, the Advisory Board and management.
- Ensure strong and positive visibility of the ZCC.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Theology, Religious studies, Management, Development or related field An ordained minister from a ZCC member church
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a management position, preferably in an ecumenical and/or church-related environment
- A minimum of five years of professional engagement at a leadership level Experience in fundraising and project cycle management
- Ability to represent, interpret and communicate the vision and positions of the ZCC to the member churches, ecumenical partners and external actors
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and excellent English drafting skills Knowledge of two other Zimbabwean vernacular languages will be an added advantage
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
- Good problem-solving skills and critical thinking Basic financial literacy
- Strong time-management skills and excellent ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to work proactively and independently
- Well-organized and sound judgment
- Excellent Public Relations, presentation, and public speaking
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on the 9th of August 2022
The following must be submitted by all applicants Current curriculum vitae Letter of motivation not longer than one page Copies of relevant academic certificates Proof of ordination Contact details of three referees
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to