CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
To provide technical support in the implementation of gender interventions for the project to improve the quality of education for girls and women in Buhare and Mutare districts
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and reviews project documentation from Team leader (e.g. proposal, Annual Operating Plan, log frame, work plan) and provide technical leadership in the area of Gender.
- Contributes in the development of overall project implementation plans which falls under his or her role (including procurement, financial and vehicle use and other resource) that are responsive to the project needs and shares with Team Leader
- Lead in conducting the project gender analysis and related assessments
- Develops and reviews a gender strategy for the project and submits to the team leader
- Identifies training needs and conducts training on gender for project staff, partners and stakeholders including male champions and child protection committees
- Distributes, shares, and follows up on project specific material on gender to project staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Produces monthly progress reports and submits to the Team Leader
- Maintains contact with key partners and stakeholders in the gender sector including Ministry responsible for gender, UN Women, CSOs and MoPSE
- Participates in the development of concept notes and project proposal through program design discussions as part of the project design team.
- Participates in periodic gender assessments at organisational level such as the gender audit,
- Contributes to the development and design of the policy and strategy for the country office gender interventions as well as relevant materials to support the strategy
- Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation.
- Reports cases of suspected SHEA to the Team Leader, and or relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/ Gender Studies/Development Studies/Policy Studies
- 4-5 years experience with development programs working on Gender, Women & girls empowerment
- Experience working within the education space is an added advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Technical competency in Microsoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL).
To apply, use this link: