We are searching for a competent and reliable gardener to maintain our company fields. You will be responsible for all general maintenance tasks related to the garden including planting new trees, servicing garden machinery, conducting regular pruning and advising management of cost-effective methods.
To succeed in this role, you should be physically fit and able to manage small and heavy machinery. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional and possess in-depth knowledge of effective gardening techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow the fields to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CV's on email, email@example.com
Deadline: 26 February 2023.