Applications are invited for the following positions that have arisen in the University:- WORKS AND ESTATES DEPARTMENT - Fuel Attendant (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
The Duties shall include:
- Activating fuel pumps and filling fuel tanks of vehicles and generators with petrol or diesel fuel to specified and approved levels.
- Maintaining up to date fuel records such as the Fuel Draw Down register, Issue and Receipt books and Fuel Requisition Forms together with requisite attachments.
- Compiling weekly and monthly vehicle-fuel-mileage analysis schedules.
- Monitoring reorder levels and advising on replenishing of the fuel stocks.
- Assisting the Stores Clerk in receiving fuel delivered in accordance with set rules and procedures.
- Cleaning the fuel site and maintaining it in a user friendly and safe environment.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have at least five (5) “O” level passes including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts.
- Possession of a numerically related certificate/diploma is an added advantage.
- In addition, applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years in a retailing environment of which one (1) year should be working within a fuel environment.
- Experience and knowledge of stores management systems and basic skills in fuel handling and firefighting techniques would be added advantages.
How To Apply
Six copies of the following documents; application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to: -
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
Chinhoyi University of Technology
Private Bag 7724
Telephone No: - 0267-2129454 or 02671-2125293
NB: Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and documents to be sent as a single PDF document
Applications that do not comply with the stated requirements will be disqualified. The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 April 2022.