- Freight Forwarding and Communication
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Performance
- Internal Quality Processes
- Report Writing and Meetings
Duties And Responsibilities
Freight Forwarding and Tracking
- 100% quoting of clients whether for Forwarding or Customs Clearance & Quotation Follow ups
- Liaising with Clients regarding to the nature of goods and shipments specifications.
- Management of all duty quotations to clients and ensure that quotations are responded to on time.
- Receiving feedback from clients regarding quotations given.
- Giving technical advice to clients.
- Liaising with other branches and service providers regarding the movement of shipments.
- Updating clients on shipment movement
Client Relationship Management
- Market segmentation.
- Classification of customers and allocating customers to Account Managers.
- Retaining corporate, loyal and profitable customers.
- Planning & Visiting corporate clients
- Attending to and resolving customer complaints.
- Capturing details of lost and damaged shipments and referring cases to the relevant team
- Establishing and maintaining Service Level Agreements and service standards. (Service Level can also be done by HOD’s)
- Implementing the disbursement policy.
- Managing critical costs e.g. bond paper, telephone & fuel consumption.
- Managing debtors.
Internal Quality Process
- Establishing and maintaining Service Level Agreements and service standards.
- Complying with quality assurance.
- Internal Auditing
- Complying with legal, statutory and licensing requirements.
Profitability and Cashflow Management
- Ensuring that shipments are delivered on time.
- Ensuring that customer clearances are done on time so as to avoid demurrages.
- Ensuring that loading authorities & Duty Authorizations are given in time.
- Participate in responding to bid tenders, i.e. pricing, terms and conditions.
- Providing sales leads to Sales and Marketing.
- Writing of reports for monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Presenting reports to BD Manager.
- Participation and contributing in departmental meetings
Qualifications And Experience
- Freight Forwarding Skills
- Good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Quality Management Skills
- Good analytical skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- At least 5 "O" Levels including English and Maths plus 2 years experience in the industry
- Education-Higher Technical, Professional or University.
- Diploma in Customs Procedures, Diploma in Forwarding Practices and or any other relevant qualifications.
How To Apply
Interested candidates send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org