This role is individually accountable for carrying out investigative fact-findings into allegations of financial crime and irregular or unethical business conduct through a systematic, disciplined and objective approach to investigative fieldwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts investigations on assigned cases of all allegations and all types of financial crimes (including cases of regulatory breaches, internal policy violations, risk exposure to counterparties) committed within and against the Group by both internal and external parties.
- Prepares case investigation work plans noting methodologies to be used and purpose for action; gathers, reviews, and analyses information to determine its relevance and reliability, conducts, and/or participates in, interviews, as necessary with other stakeholders; writes record of interview; conducts any other investigative research activities as required by the matter at hand and documents all work undertaken.
- Presents investigative facts, circumstances and conclusions in a concise, clear and logical manner; prepares reports to support decision(s) regarding any remedial action and provides feedback to BU Management.
- Identifies and assesses fraud risks and process/system control weaknesses, proposes recommendations as appropriate to improve the internal control environment and tracks implementation of these recommendations with respective BU Management.
- Prepares, uploads and maintains case evidentiary material on the case management system for management finalization and future reference.
- Prepares case prosecution documentation, reports and hands over investigated cases for prosecution and disciplinary action, as the case may be and represents the company as an expert witness in court as necessary.
- Gathers intelligence and leading evidence within approved case management and investigation methodology in order to detect incidents of financial crime, asset tracking and recoveries, and recommends appropriate remedial action, including prosecution.
- Compiles monthly case investigation reports and financial crime statistics and compiles and updates an Incident and Case Register as well as assists in the preparation of Exco reports and Group ARCC reports.
- Develops material and delivers Financial Crime policies training and fraud risk awareness programs including reports on ethical violations, anti-money laundering and anti-phishing, for all employees within the Group.
- Manages client and stakeholder relationships without supervision, including providing regular feedback to stakeholders.
- Continually researches, develops and recommends for consideration modern financial crime prevention management (techniques, resource material and forensic tools) and monitoring systems.
- Performs any other duties relating to the Country and Africa Financial Crimes Prevention Management as assigned by the Group Forensic Manager from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Forensic Investigations/ Law/Accounting/ IT or Risk Management, CFE, CFA or CFCS.
- At least 5 (five) years relevant experience in the field of financial crimes investigation and case management and reporting, including analytical work; preferably in a financial services environment, legal, IT or Law enforcement environment.
- Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc), Bachelor Of Laws (LLB), Bachelor of Science in Forensic Science (BScFS)
How to Apply
Deadline: 19 November 2022