Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
Duties And Responsibilities
- This role is individually accountable for carrying out investigative fact-findings into allegations of financial crime and irregular or unethical business conduct through a systematic, disciplined, and objective approach to investigative fieldwork
- Conducts investigations on assigned cases of all allegations and all types of financial crime committed within and against the Group by both internal and external parties.
- Prepares case investigation work plans noting methodologies to be used and purpose for action; gathers, reviews, and analyses information to determine its relevance and reliability, conducts, and/or participates in, interviews, as necessary with other stakeholders; writes record of interview; conducts any other investigative research activities as required by the matter at hand and documents all work undertaken.
- Presents investigative facts, circumstances, and conclusions in a concise, clear and logical manner; prepares reports to support decision(s) regarding any remedial action and provides feedback to BU Management.
- Identifies and assesses fraud risks and process/system control weaknesses, proposes recommendations as appropriate to improve the internal control environment and tracks implementation of these recommendations with respective BU Management.
- Prepares case prosecution documentation, reports and hands over investigated cases for prosecution and disciplinary action, as the case may be and represent the company as an expert witness in court as necessary.
- Gathers intelligence and leading evidence within approved case management and investigation methodology in order to detect incidents of financial crime, asset tracking and recoveries, and recommends appropriate remedial action, including prosecution.
- Develops material and delivers financial crime policies training and fraud risk awareness programs including reports on ethical violations, anti-money laundering and anti-phishing, for all employees within the Group.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Investigations/ Cyber Crime and Security or related specialized area is required.
- Possession of any one or more industry standard certifications such as CFE/CISA or similar.
- At least 5 (five) years relevant experience in the field of financial crimes investigations, cyber/computer crime investigations, case management and reporting, including analytical work; preferably in a financial services environment, legal or Law enforcement environment.
- A strong background in forensic lab practices and procedures, as well as digital evidence handling is essential.
- Experience in law enforcement and investigations or with a professional services firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of computers systems
- Case Investigations, Criminal Investigations, Cybercrime Investigation, Evidence Handling, Financial Crime Investigations, Forensic Investigations, Forensic Sciences, Law Enforcement, Legal Practices