Gwanda State University Is Looking For A Fitter and Turner (1 Post)
Department Of: Physical Planning, Works And Estates
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conducting diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunctioning.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Analysing the bleu prints for mechanical systems to determine the specifications of the components to be constructed.
- Constructing structural components from raw materials.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Utilising shears, power saws, cutting torches and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Creating suitable maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance accordingly.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications And Experience
- Apprentice trained, Class One Fitter and Turner
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language and Mathematics
Experience and Qualities
- A minimum of one (1) year proven experience working as a Fitter and Turner.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to interpret bleu prints for mechanical or technology systems.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
How To Apply
Conditions of Service:
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.