Zimbabwe School Examination Council (Zimsec) is an autonomous parastatal under the Ministry of Primary and Second, Education. It is an internationally accredited examinations board. ZIMSEC Is an examinations board responsible for assessment, evaluation and documentation of the academic readiness, learning progress, and skill acquisition of students at primary and second, school levels in Zimbabwe. The Council is inviting suitably qualified and motivated persons for the above vacant position that has arisen.
The incumbent shall be reporting to Director- Finance. The purpose of the job Is to co-ordinate and direct the preparation of budgets, financial forecasts and to report variances. Preparation and publishing of timely monthly reports is essential.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for
- Budgeting that is coordinating and directing the preparation of Budgets.
- Reviewing divisional budgets to ensure that they address the Council's objectives.
- Extracting and analyzing financial reports relating to income and Expenditure.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Communicating trends
- Recommending corrective measures on favorable variances.
- Assessing the performance of financial institutions and recommending for inclusion on the approved list to be utilized by Council during the year.
- Ensures compliance with financial and operational regulations including reviewing and analyzing all statutory returns,
Monitoring performance of personnel within the section half yearly inline with HR policies and recommending corrective measures where required.The incumbent will advise the finance director on the human capital requirements
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 Ordinary levels including Mathematics, Accounts and English.
- 3 A levels
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Professional qualification such as, CIS, CIMA, CA, or ACCA.
- Relevant accounting experience and/or related experience including 10+ years' experience anagIng complex accounting operations or related projects.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees.
Applications should be done online on the google application form accessible on the ZIMSEC website: www.zimsec.co.zw
Applications should be received not later than 15 September 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
Human Capital Director.
Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC)
Head Office Examination Centre Upper East Road,
Mount Pleasant P.O. BOX CY1464,
NB. ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective Job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of Its employees as way of securing employment