This role implements accounting processes, systems and controls for a product and is responsible for product profitability analysis. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts .
- Manages reporting requirements for the business unit.
- Drives & collates monthly submission consisting of report and commentary by agreed deadline.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for management, including a high-level variance report by agreed deadline.
- Produces ongoing and ad-hoc reporting based on requirements.
- Manages the budget centre reporting and produces a detailed variance report
- Ensures that all financial accounting transactions the team is responsible for, are accurately reflected in the business unit ledger.
- Manages the review and reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register to the general ledger.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a maximum of three months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
Governance & Compliance:
- Accountable for governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Provides advice on accounting policy and practice to senior and middle management.
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of the accounting processes utilised to fulfill the needs of the business.
- Creates a healthy internal control environment to ensure safeguarding of assets & integrity of financial information.
- Monitors & reports on status of all control accounts in the business unit.
- Effects ongoing changes to internal controls as necessitated by changes in business and corporate governance.
Accountable, Accounting Policies, Accounting Processes, Account Reconciliations, Business, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Financial Controlling, Financial Information, Internal Controls, Management Reporting, People Management, Product Profitability, Profitability Analysis, Results-Oriented
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Accounting Finance (Required)
16 February 2022