SOS CV Zimbabwe is looking to recruit an accounts student for 2022 - 2023 attachment period. The mission of this position is to undergo work related learning with the SOS CV Zimbabwe Finance team. The SOS Internship Programme offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain practical work experience and transferrable skills whilist giving back to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Volunteer Atachee will assist the Finance department in:
- Providing summary reports of the business transactions to facilitate preparation of Financial Statements
- Maintaining complete files of financial documents
- Ensuring accurate and complete records of financial transactions
- Providing support during audits by internal and external auditors
- Facilitating submission of procurement documents to procurement office and distributes proof of payment
- Processing payments and banking timeously
- Updating the inventory and assets registers
- Ensuring compliance with systems of internal control in all facilities in the location.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be currently studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized or reputable institution. The student should be cleared by their Institution for internship.
- Good O' Level passes inclusive of Maths and English. At least 3 A' Level passes.
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities in order to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with internal customers and other stakeholders
- Good analytical, numerical and mature problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work; excellent report writing and documentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity
How to Apply
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied for in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically not later than the 9th of December 2022. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
Volunteers do not receive a salary, but we pay a monthly stipend to cover for travel/transport expenses.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.