The Zimbabwe Association of Community Radio Stations (ZACRAS) is a membership-based non-profit making Association established in 2003. Premised on the need for a unified national advocacy platform for community radio initiatives, the mandate of ZACRAS is therefore to promote community radio interests in Zimbabwe. To that end, the national advocacy platform (ZACRAS) drives its mandate through seeking both the democratization of broadcasting and media related laws including pursuing people-cantered lobbying for the licensing of community radio stations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The tasks and responsibilities
- Financial Management
- To produce Financial and donor reports;
- Manage the program budget and produce financial reports to ZACRAS in accordance with set target dates;
- Control and approve procurement of all goods and services;
- Ensuring smooth coordination of all activities and performance of all financial and administration functions;
- Ensuring strict adherence to approved budgets and code of conduct;
- Cause to be maintained, proper and accurate records of all receipts, payments, transactions and all dealings of the organization;
- Assist in financial and administrative policy formulations;
- Monitoring and securing adherence to organization and ZACRAS administrative processes;
- To help with the preparation and support of the annual audit of ZACRAS’s financial reports and guide on the audit recommendations.
Administrative support to programs and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, and workshops; Ensure that any purchase, lease, or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals; Control and maintain the ZACRAS and its members asset register and inventory; Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends, and advice the line manager of the same; Any other duties as assigned to you by management; Oversee the performance of and provide guidance to the Finance and Admin Assistant; Carry out any finance related and any other duties as assigned by the National Coordinator.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- Business Administration or another appropriate discipline;
- Professional qualifications in accounting (ICSAZ, ICPAZ, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage;
- Minimum five years of accounting, finance and administration experience gained in Non-Governmental Organizations.
Desired skills and competencies
Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, ability to work under pressure and good communications skills; High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity, and integrity; Good computer skills and extensive knowledge of Excel, Word and email software and financial management and accounting software such as Pastel Evolution and Belina Payroll. Strong commitment to teamwork; Effective communication,
Written and oral communication in English; Local / regional language (professional proficiency advantageous)
How To Apply
Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zimbabwe Association of Community Radio Stations (ZACRAS) and its partners are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, gender. Women are encouraged to apply.