About Higherlife Foundation
Higherlife Foundation (Higherlife) is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Founded by Strive and Tsitsi Masiyiwa in 1996, the Foundation was first launched in Zimbabwe and has since spread its footprint to Lesotho, Burundi, Rwanda, Swaziland, South Africa, and Kenya. Higherlife Foundation implements projects in Education; Health; Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods; and Disaster Relief and Preparedness impacting millions of lives in the communities it serves.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities are carried out in accordance with the Foundation’s guidelines.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly reportsTracking project paymentsPrepares monthly management accounts
- Prepares monthly accounting reconciliation schedules and reports
- Check inventory reconciliations and reports
- Provides auditors with information to conduct their tasks as per instruction
- Attends to internal and external audit queries as per instruction
- Checks for accuracy and completeness of payments and necessary attachments
- Checks Withholding Tax returns and submits to the Accountant.
- Identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for cost effectiveness
- Conducts routine Petty cash spot-checks for completeness
- Updates the fixed assets register monthly
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Accounting or FinanceWorking towards a membership of a professional body
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in program management and/or organizational development.
- Must be able to work well under minimum supervision.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/finance-officer/
Deadline: 30 September 2022
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be responded to.