The Corporate Services department is at the core of the British Embassy’s operations. The Corporate Services Finance Officer plays a crucial part in a dynamic team by being responsible for a variety of functions as well as the supporting the Team as a whole.
The role of the Finance Officer is a challenging and rewarding position. It requires a motivated individual with an eye for detail, someone who is proactive and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Ability to manage a quality service in the area is a key competency. This exciting position will expose the individual to a wide variety of areas within the operations arena.
Duration of Post: 36 months
Start Date: 01 January 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer is responsible for the day today operation of the Embassy’s financial transactions, financial record keeping and management of the local official bank account, ensuring compliance with all guidance issued by the FCDO.
- The role requires a self starter with an eye for detail who is able to deliver at pace, working to tight deadlines. The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner and in line with compliance requirements.
- Maintenance of the Embassy’s local financial transaction records, ensuring that an up to date, accurate, financial report is prepared on request.
- Preparing an accurate funding profile for the financial year, setting out the amounts need each month to fund the Post bank account. Collating the funding profile, and any changes to it during the year as agreed with the Corporate Services Officer and Corporate Services Manager
- Be the Post focal point for any Purchase to Pay issues that will need to be resolved and will work closely with the Finance Hub in Pretoria and Manila
- Ensure all transactions are as up to date as possible in preparation for the month End Closure on the dates advised by Transaction Processing Centre. Ensure a surprise check of the official account has been carried out by the 15th day of the month.
- Submitting monthly VAT refunds
- Collaboration with the HR Hub in Pretoria in submitting monthly Post payroll data, reviewing reports and submitting for payment
- Ensuring that the accounts office remains secure at all the times
- Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Responsible for a budget of approximately GBP 100,000.00
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Diploma in Business Management / Administration or Accounting or equivalent
- Experience with financial systems, managing a cash box, understanding and management of different currencies, budget management, audit
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Financial qualification, Embassy/NGO experience
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
How to Apply
Deadline: 04 November 2022