Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none. We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis. Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role sits within the Finance role family in the International Department.
- It is responsible for managing all aspects of the country finance function, which will include financial records, financial reports, budgets, donor funds, internal and external audits and providing financial support to Christian Aid staff.
- This role will manage other finance and administration staff.
- The role also manages partner financial capacity and compliance and the administrative functions.
Qualifications and Experience
- A qualified accountant with at least 5 years' experience and an equivalent to level of Degree in Accounting or Full CIS/ACCA.
- You will possess skills and experience in contributing to local Senior Management's strategy and plans.
- You will have experience of leading a finance function and of managing a team.
- You will have a professional qualification (or equivalent) in Administration, Audit, HR.
- Finally, you will have verbal and written fluency in English and one local language.
Further information: This is a national post on national terms and conditions of service fora fixed term of 2 years. Candidates must have the right to work in Zimbabwe and therefore the role is only open to Zimbabwean nationals. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
To access the full application package and apply online please visit this link: https://jobs.christianaid.org.u/vacancy/4002/description
For enquiries regarding this vacancy, email: Zimbabwe-Jobs@christian-aid.org. CVs will not be accepted.
Deadline: 11 December 2022.