Grade 16 [1 POST]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fiii the above post in the Finance department.
Job Title : Grade Reporting To :
Finance Director 16
Duties And Responsibilities
The applicant should be a registered Public Accountant under PAAB or should provide proof that registration is in progress or that he/she qualifies for such registration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing financial advice to Council and its Committees. (Shall be Council' s Accountant)
- General management of the Finance Department
- Supervision of maintenance KO, ales of the asset register
- Implementation of accounting and related policies and informing the review of the same.
- Budget tracing to ensure payments and procurement compliance
- Shall be the Council's tax Accountant
- Producing Council's annual budgets
Qualifications And Experience
- An Accounting degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
- A relevant Masters Degree is a distinct advantage
- A Minimum of 5 "0" Levels including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts
- A Minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably at Senior level.
- Should demonstrate capacity to supervise accounting activities
- Have excellent managerial skills
- Knowledge of IPSAS is a distinct advantage
- Exposure to Local Authorities systems will be an added advantage
- Must have traceable proof of having produced final accounts reports.
- Must be prepared to work under pressure and at odd times
- Must be at least 35 years of age
In addition the applicant should be a member or has made significant progress towards attaining membership of at least one of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (Zimbabwe) ICAZ
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy. CIPF
- Chartered Governance and Accountancy Institute of Zimbabwe. CGAIZ
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Zimbabwe). ICPAZ
How To Apply
IN RETURN THE COUNCIL OFFERS
A competitive salary, contributory pension, noncontributory life assurance and medical aid schemes, 100% housing guarantee and vehicle benefit.
Applications in own handwriting addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to reach the undersigned through posting, email or hand delivery on or before Friday, 22 April, 2022.
Municipal Offices .
Advert No. 3712022
TOWN CLERK: Eng E. Mukaratirwa