Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post in the Finance department.
Job Title : Grade : Reporting To: Town Clerk
Qualifications And Experience
- An Accounting degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
- A relevant Masters Degree is a distinct advantage
- A Minimum of 5 '0" Levels including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts
- A Minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably at Senior level.
- Should demonstrate capacity to supervise accounting activities
- Have excellent managerial skills
- Knowledge of IPSAS is a distinct advantage
- Exposure to Local Authorities systems will be an added advantage
- Must have traceable proof of having produced final accounts reports.
- Must be prepared to work under pressure and at odd times
- Must be at least 35 years of age
In addition the applicant should be a member or has made significant progress towards attaining membership of at least one of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (Zimbabwe) ICAZ
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance &Accountancy. CIPF
- Chartered Governance and Accountancy Institute of Zimbabwe. CGAIZ
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Zimbabwe). ICPAZ
- Institute of Cost & ManagementAccountants. LIMA.
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants. ACCA.
The applicant should be a registered Public Accountant under PAAB or should provide proof that registration is in progress or that he/she qualifies for such registration.
Duties and Respinsibilities
- Providing financial advice to Council and its Committees. (Shall be Council's Accountant)
- Generaal management of the funance department
- Supervision of maintenance activities of the asset register
- d) Implementation of accounting and related policies and informing the review of the same.
- e) Budget tracing to ensure payments and procurement compliance
- Shall be the Council's tax Accountant Producing Council's annual budgets Ensure complete and full reconciliation of all Council's reconcilable ledgers items
- Produce periodic management accounts reports for the consumption of senior management committee.
- Creditors and debtors management.
- Supervision of bookkeeping activities across the Department
- Managing Council's approved budgets.
- Prepare audit files and underlying supporting documents.
- Payroll management.
- Producing Council final accounts in line with the provisions of the Urban Councils Act Chapter 29:15 and Public Finance Management Act Chapter 22.19.
- Consolidation of Council strategic business units accounts.
- To carry out any other functions as delegated by the Town Clerk from time to time
IN RETURN THE COUNCIL OFFERS
A competitive salary, contributory pension, noncontributory life assurance and medical aid schemes, 100% housing guarantee and vehicle benefit.
How To Apply
Applications in own handwriting addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to reach the undersigned through posting, email or hand delivery
Municipal Offices Eng. E. Mukaratirwa
P.O.Box 17 TOWN CLERK