Christian Care is inviting applicants from suitably qualified and experiences persons to fill in the Finance Controller position. The purpose of the position is to establish and maintain systems, controls and measures aimed at safeguarding organization's financial resources, ensuring optimal utilization of resources, provide financial advice to the directorate and management through liaison with relevant stakeholders.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare/review monthly management accounts and present to the relevant bodies timely to enable informed decision making , prepare requisite reports to relevant stakeholders, effective grants management across the organization taking cognizance of value for money principle on all programs, effectively and efficiently manage the organization's systems to ensure accomplishment of its mission and vision.
- Review financial policies and procedures manual to maintain relevance, adherence to status and accounting standards on a continuous basis, in liaison with the Finance Committee and present to the Board for consideration and approval.
- Training and development of accounting personnel to enable them to effectively use Pastel Evolution and acquire the updated version with Business Intelligence Centre (BIC) capabilities).
- Secure adequate and appropriate financial resources to undertake the right type, scale and pace of work as needed by programming staff through a sound working capital management technique supported by quarterly cash flow forecasts,
- Maintain an updated and consolidated asset register, conducting physical verification periodically, professionally and credibly manage stakeholder relationships.
- Facilitate recruitment, selection, motivation and retention of high caliber staff to meet the objectives of the organization, it is essential to proactively facilitate continuous scanning of the environment for developments in the labour market for new enactments that may affect the organization and ensure the organization is well positioned to address any possible risks.
- Ensure fully functional performance appraisal system is in place and that salaries due are paid on time
- The job entails that the Board Members, in particular the National Treasurer are effectively supported and substantively engaged to perform it strategic leadership and fiduciary responsibilities, formulate and control the budget and monitor through variance analysis.
- Discuss the budget with all regional management and present to the Finance Committee for subsequent approva by the Boardl.
- Circulate approved budgets to all staff and monitor the spending pattern of the organization to avoid overshooting the budget, compile variation analysis every month and take corrective action.
- Prepare final accounts and schedules for internal and external audits.
Qualifications And Experience
- Masters Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Professional qualifications like ACCA, CIMA, or CIS are an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the accounting/finance field, 3 years of which, must be at senior management level.
- Good communication skills, risk management skills and team building expertise are a must.
How To Apply
Applications, clearly marking the position being applied for, with detailed CV including copies of educational qualification, and police clearance should be delivered to 34 Manby Road, Bluffhill, Harare or sent via email to email@example.com not later that 25 September 2022.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.