With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Responsible for The World Vision (WV) Zimbabwe Finance Clerk is responsible for providing support to the Bookkeeper in all aspects of Finance, with specific assigned responsibility for all aspects of accounts payable, advances to staff, and certain account reconciliations
Duties And Responsibilities
- Petty Cash Custodian and Issuer
- Ensure National Office Petty Cash is kept intact and secure
- Ensure that the Petty Cash float is timely reimbursed
- Ensure that correct supporting documentation is used to request Petty Cash and to do expense reports.
- Performing petty cash daily monitoring and closing record
- Timely reimbursement of Petty Cash Accurate petty cash counts reports
- Filing of documents and retrieving documents as when requested
- Filling sequentially and timely all printed journals and other documents
- Ensure adequate reviews and approvals of documents before filing including stamping paid
- Safeguarding all the files by putting them in the strong room / containers and ensure controlled access
- Timely retrieving journals and other financial documents as requested e.g. by internal and external auditors
- Assisting in monthly Field Financial Report (FFR) Preparation
- Assist with the input of accounting entries into SUN Systems and ensure there is proper supporting documentation for all the initiated accounting entries.
- Physically tracking outstanding staff advances to ensure timely acquittal making use of the functionalities in the GEMS CONCUR system
- Participate in Balance sheet account reconciliations and account allocation
- Pool vehicle- flow through
- Daily cash receipting
- Preparation of deposit journals
- Invoicing of documents to Shared Services Centre (SSC)
- Correctly preparing daily invoicing sheets
- Timely invoicing of supplier invoices
- Timely responding to queries raised by SSC with regards to invoices On Time Payment within acceptable threshold of 90+%
- Finance Professional ethics and code of conduct
- Ensure the financial and accounting integrity of World Vision Zimbabwe.
- Recognize the importance of practicing organization core values
- Punctuality on working hours and effective use of working hour for organizational business
- Provide objectively verifiable reports to management and stakeholders
- Give priority to customer satisfaction
- Escalate abnormal, fraudulent acts to management without hesitation.
- Ensure confidentially for organization financial information and encounters
- Assisting in Administration related issues in the Section Assist in raising section requisitions and issuing of stationery to staff.
- Administratively responsible for setting bookings, preparing meeting rooms and requirements for finance meetings.
- Participate in finance team building exercises
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA/ICSAZ equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an Accounts Department, and handling of cash experience is an added advantage.
- Required to have strong computer skills, knowledge of Computerised Accounting Packages such as SUN Systems will be an added advantage, also EXCEL and WORD.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and a high degree of professional integrity
How To Apply
Deadlin: 08 October 2022