The Union Zimbabwe Trust (UZT) supports the national TB-HIV response in Zimbabwe largely through funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and other funders. The position of Finance Clerk has arisen within UZT.
The incumbent will provide support within the Finance and Administration Department of the organization, in areas of Financial accounting and reporting, Cash and Inventory management.
Duties And Responsibilities
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Ensure that invoices are accurate, properly approved, and coded for entry.
- Ensure that all payments are fully accounted for and all relevant supporting documents are attached as per the organisation’s policy, and in accordance with donor regulations.
- Assist in month-end reporting procedures.
- Prepare VAT Analysis Schedules and verify if Tax Invoices received from suppliers satisfy statutory regulations.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all finance and administrative documents.
- Cash management
- Ensure that an adequate petty cash float is maintained according to the organization`s policies and procedures.
- Disburse petty cash and perform timely petty cash reconciliations.
- Ensure that petty cash is safely kept according to the organization`s policies and procedures.
- Inventory management
- Assist in the sourcing, receiving, recording and storage of office supplies, in line with the organization`s standards.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date inventory record of office equipment.
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or senior management staff
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year in an Accounts Department.
- Good command of English, written and oral communication skills.
How To Apply
An application letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org